Save the 20th and 21st October 2016 for a two day international conference of Participatory Budgeting in Edinburgh.
Under the strap-line “Here we are all citizens” the UK PB Networks ‘fringe conference’ took place between 10am and 4pm on Friday 21st October at three separate venues in central Edinburgh. The PB Fringe compliments the main International PB conference the previous day.
On Friday the 21st is the related UK PB Network’s ‘fringe conference’, featuring a wide range of workshops and discussion groups, held at three closely situated venues, all within central Edinburgh.
It’s a mini-festival of ideas, inspired by the global democratic phenomena called Participatory Budgeting. Aiming to explore a more thoughtful approach to creating a stronger and more participatory democracy.
- ‘Engage’ as equal citizens, of Scotland, of Europe and the world.
- ‘Think’ about how we are going to build a more democratic society.
- ‘Do’ democracy more fairly, more openly, and more effectively.
- Read the exciting programme for ‘Engage, Think, Do’
- Download the final programme
- View presentations, blogs and resources on the report page
Thursday the 20th October is the date of the main International PB conference, which will feature prominent experts on Participatory Budgeting from the UK and internationally. Coordinated by SCDC, sponsored by the Scottish Government, and taking place at the John McIntyre Conference Centre.
- Full information on the main
International PB Scotland conference website.