On the 26th October 2015 the PB Network held a highly successful conference at the Innovate rooms, Birmingham.
Over 70 leading academics, practitioners, activists and consultants gathered to share their learning in a stimulating range of workshops, break out groups and discussions. We were particularly proud to receive the support of Alex Neil MSP who sent a personal message to the conference.
Video address to the conference by Alex Neil MSP, Scottish Government Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Communities and Pensioners’ Rights.
There is something in the air!
Of all the many delegates who had booked onto the conference, some who travelled great distances to join us… not least from the Western Isles, from Sweden and Portugal, as well as all parts of mainland UK, only one person couldn’t make it on the day.
Which shows a deep commitment to building a more participatory democracy. As one of the keynote presenters commented… there is definitely something in the air!
Post conference resources
Below you can download the presentation slides of many of the the sessions held, and over the next few days we will continue to post links to further information.
To get a flavour of the conference and leave feedback about it see the conference twitter page on #pbnet2015
- Download the conference agenda
- Download Speakers, sponsors and workshop leads
- Reflections on the conference blog by Susan Ritchie, Acting Chair of the PB Network
- Creating the Well Society blog by Caroline Latta and Sue Ritchie
- Measuring PB blog by Andrew Fisher
- PB and the Police blog by Andrew Fisher
- Participatory Budgeting in Scotland by Alan Budge
- Building a network that lives by Jez Hall
- Non cash resources and PB by Tom Cohen
Presentations used at the conference
- Sue Ritchie opening presentation to the PB Network conference: Download
- Giovanni Allegretti keynote on the International perspective: Download
- Kathleen Glazik on development of PB in Scotland: Download
- Alan Budge of the work of PB Partners: Download
- Graham Smith Keynote on participatory democracy in the UK: Download
- Workshop on digital engagement and PB by Alistair Stoddart of Demsoc: Download
- Workshop on PB and Localism by Paul Twivy: Download
We wish to recognise and give our thanks to all who participated, and to our sponsors.
The 2015 PB conference was sponsored by: