The PB Network hosted its autumn network gathering in the historic North East market town of Durham on 1 October 2013.
The venue was the main hall of the newly refurbished Durham Town Hall. We heard presentations on the latest developments in Participatory Budgeting (PB) in the UK, held engaging workshops and debates on mainstreaming PB, met leading experts in the field and thereby supported one of the most interesting and effective innovations in direct democracy.
These are links to the presentations, available to download as PDF files
- Durham Presentation 1st Oct PBNetwork
- Fife presentation 1st Oct PBNetwork
- TRFS presentation 1st Oct PBNetwork
- Newcastle presentation 1st Oct PBNetwork
There was no charge, as we wanted to make it possible for everyone to attend, but the Network is an unfunded body. We are asking for donations on the day to cover our costs. Suggested donations are:
- Individuals, researchers and community practitioners £10.00
- Consultants/think tanks/public sector organisations £30.00
- Private organisations and larger bodies (national etc) £50.00
Please contact us if you would like to support our work
This event was made possible by the support of the University of Westminster Centre for the Study of Democracy, Durham County Council, PB Partners and many others.