Durham County Council, in partnership with 3 Towns Partnership, had £500,000 of capital funding for projects in the Crook area. The public were invited to have their say and vote for their favourite projects at Crook Primary School on Saturday 23 February between 10.30am and 2.30pm.
The 12 organisations and projects that were bidding for the It’s Up 2 U £500,000 funding had to meet preset criteria. This included:
- They are not for profit organisations;
- Must be physically located within 1.5 miles radius of the centre of Crook;
- Projects are capital bids;
- Projects have landlord / landowner approval for the proposal to be developed if funding is secured.
Each application underwent sustainability checks and satisfied the appraisal panel that the project is potentially deliverable if successful in securing funding.
Durham County Council will work with the organisation that was successful to develop fully the project ready for delivery and commencement of capital works. The applicant will have up to a year to progress their project and meet all statutory and appraisal obligations.
- More information about It’s Up 2 U on the Durham County Council website