North Carrick groups can grab their share of an £80,000 funding pot.
The £80,000 fund is awarded from the Scottish Government’s Community Choices Fund, which has been set up to support Participatory Budgeting (PB), a process which allows local people to make decisions on local spending priorities.
If you live, work or volunteer in North Carrick the PAR (Participate, Activate & Regenerate) project is encouraging residents to be involved in how money from the award will be spent. As well as providing funding, they want residents to:
- be involved and make a difference by sharing ideas and opinions (participate),
- decide which projects will give the greatest benefit to the community at a special community event decision day (activate)
- implement projects that will create a legacy for North Carrick (regenerate).
Projects will address the following key action priorities identified as the Thematic Priorities for North Carrick:
- Opportunities for Children & Young People
- Health & Well-being
- Employability Support
- Access to Training & Qualifications
Carrick in in South Ayrshire, one of over 20 local authorities in Scotland doing PB.